Health insurance for people with diabetes helps you manage the high cost of diabetes treatment and related illnesses. Hospitalization costs for Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes and associated complications of diabetes are covered by diabetic medical insurance plans.
Finding an affordable health insurance plan that covers diabetes-related medical costs might be challenging for diabetic individuals in India. Most health insurance policies include both diabetes and its consequences in their exclusions. In this article, newvehiclez.com will discuss is a list of all the health insurance plans offered by various health insurance firms in India that diabetic patients might take into consideration (health insurance for people with diabetes), despite the fact that their options are limited.
Aditya Birla Activ Health Enhanced Diabetes Plan – Health insurance for people with diabetes
- Birla, Aditya The Activ Health Enhanced Plan provides coverage for diabetes severe illnesses.
- Both individual and family floater coverage is available.
- In the event of serious conditions like diabetes, asthma, hypertension, etc., the coverage advantages include coverage benefits like medications, diagnostic tests, and doctor consultation fees.
- Daycare procedures including cataract surgery, dialysis, and chemotherapy are also included.
Care Freedom Health Insurance Plan – Health insurance for people with diabetes
- Dialysis treatment is covered by the Care Freedom Health Insurance plan. The maximum amount that can be claimed is Rs 1000 every sitting for a maximum of 24 months.
- ESR, Blood Group, Lipid Profile, Kidney Function Test (KFT), Liver Function Test (LFT), HbA1C, TSH, Hbs Ag, and other health screening services are available.
- The Care Freedom health plan also includes coverage for cardiac health examinations.
- In accordance with the sub-limits, expenses for knee replacement surgery and cataract surgery are also payable.
National Varishtha Mediclaim Policy – Health insurance for people with diabetes
- Diabetes and hypertension are covered under the National Varishtha Mediclaim policy as an additional benefit.
- The insurance also covers benign prostatic hyperplasia up to Rs 20,000 and cataract procedures up to Rs 10,000.
- Hospitalization at home is only covered up to 20% of the total amount insured. However, it is not offered for the treatment of diabetes.
- Under the National Varishtha Mediclaim Policy, the coverage amount can range between Rs 1 lakh and Rs 2 lakh.
Star Health and Allied Diabetes Safe Insurance Plan – Health insurance for people with diabetes
Anyone who is 18 years of age or older and has diabetes mellitus is eligible for coverage under the Star Health and Allied Diabetes Safe Insurance Plan. The insurer covers the cost of the rent, nursing and boarding expenses, anesthetist, surgeon, and medication costs. The following list includes the aspects and advantages of this policy:
Feature and Benefits:
- The insurance covers hospitalization costs related to diabetic complications.
- Additionally, the Star Health and Allied Diabetes Safe Insurance Plan offers 100% personal accident coverage.
- Modern therapies are additionally claimable with this policy. This includes intravitreal injections, green laser therapy or holmium laser therapy, deep brain stimulation, balloon sinuplasty, uterine artery embolization, robotic surgery, immunotherapy, and bronchial thermoplasty. It also includes stem cell therapy, such as hematopoietic stem cells for bone marrow transplant for hematological conditions.
How helps health insurance for people with diabetes patients?
The fight against diabetes can be won with health insurance. Here is how health insurance guarantees that you receive the best treatment possible.
- Doctor fees will be covered, allowing you to consult with the top physicians without concern about the consultation price.
- Diagnostic Costs: It includes the price of diagnostic costs that are covered by a health insurance plan.
- Cost of Medicines: Because diabetic medications are covered by the health plan, the policyholder no longer has to worry about their price.
- Recovery: Instead of stressing about hospital fees, you may concentrate on your recovery thanks to diabetes health insurance.